The Oklahoma Route 66 Association is a not-for-profit organization made up of volunteers who are dedicated to the promotion and preservation of Route 66.
We serve as the non-governmental body that coordinates the statewide economic development, enhancement, improvement, preservation, and recognition of U.S. Route 66 in Oklahoma. In keeping with our mandate, we generate whatever finances and pressures we can to save Route 66 landmarks from decay or destruction.
We publish a newsletter four times per year that is sent either electronically or by mail to our membership located around the world. We also publish our Official Oklahoma Route 66 Association Trip Guide, a magazine-format guidebook that is updated every year and is packed full of valuable information and maps to help travelers explore Route 66 across the state.
Membership in our Association is open to anyone, from any state or nation, who cares about Route 66 and all that it represents. We need people like you to help us celebrate, preserve, and explore this uniquely American phenomenon that appeals to folks from around the world.
Thank you for your interest in the Oklahoma Route 66 Association. We hope to hear from you soon.
As a group, we strive to . . .
- Serve as a vehicle for cooperative promotions, distribution of data and information, consolidation of costs, and sharing of resources regarding Route 66
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to communities along the Route that may wish to develop Route 66 projects
- Keep a library and depository of materials and sources about Route 66
- Identify sites of historic or cultural significance along Route 66 and promote efforts to preserve or acquire these elements
- Solicit donations and contributions in support of the statewide effort
- Apply for grants and other matching fund programs available from both public and private entities
- Coordinate a speakers’ bureau through which individuals can present programs about Route 66 to clubs and organizations
- Coordinate statewide events, fundraisers, workshops, and the annual meeting of the Association membership
As spelled out in our bylaws, the Association is managed by a team of elected officers. For the names and contact information on those individuals, see our List of Officers.
Contact the Association
Oklahoma Route 66 Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 446
Chandler, OK 74834
E-mail should be directed to email@example.com