A trip down Route 66 is an adventure unlike any other, and nowhere is the adventure more exciting than in Oklahoma.
Travelers will find more than 400 drivable miles of the Main Street of America within the state’s borders, from Quapaw in the northeast to Texola in the west. From soaring Art Deco skyscrapers to graceful bridges, classic cottage-style gas stations, and our famous Blue Whale, Oklahoma’s share of the Mother Road has something for everyone.
Take a virtual cruise along Oklahoma Route 66 here on our site, follow us on Facebook, then grab a copy of our Trip Guide and come on out to experience the adventure for yourself. We look forward to seeing you on the road!
Recent News Updates
- Road Ahead Launches ‘Extraordinary Women’ Micro-Grant ProgramFrom the Route 66 Road Ahead Partnership The Route 66 Road Ahead Partnership is proud to announce the Route 66 Extraordinary Women (EW) Micro-Grant Program. … Continue reading
- FINDING YOUR KICKS ON ROUTE 66; NEW SIGNS WILL POINT THE WAY TO MOTHER ROAD IN OKLAHOMAMid-March marks 75 years since Nat King Cole recorded what would become the definitive song for people to “(Get Your Kicks On) Route 66.” These … Continue reading
- Route 66 Centennial Legislation Clears the U.S. CongressFrom the Route 66 Road Ahead Partnership Washington, DC – In a suspension of its regular rules, the US House of Representatives has approved the … Continue reading
- 2020 Oklahoma Route 66 Hall of Fame Inductees AnnouncedEvery two years, the Oklahoma Route 66 Association inducts two new members into our Hall of Fame for their contributions to the road. Since our … Continue reading
- Route 66 National Historic Trail Designation Act Returns to the U.S. HouseOn Monday, September 14, 2020, Congressman Darin LaHood (R-IL) introduced HR8240 in the U.S. House of Representatives. Congresswoman Grace Napolitano, [D-CA] co-sponsored the bill. The … Continue reading